Morbidity management and disability prevention for persons with Lymphatic Filariasis and Leprosy: what is the impact of the integration of services on access to healthcare in Luangwa District of Zambia?
- Do existing programs or activities address integrated MMDP for patients living with LF and Leprosy?
- What is the impact of integrated MMDP in Luangwa district on access to healthcare?
Improving Mass Drug Administration After Transmission Assessment Survey Failure: Results from a Mixed Methods Study
- What factors are associated with the availability, accessibility, and acceptability of MDA?
- What is the impact of an adapted and tailored intervention package on effective coverage?
Post-validation survey for the elimination of blinding trachoma to evaluate the effectiveness of a serological surveillance strategy in two provinces of Morocco
Conduct district-wide field trials of the Pgp3 lateral flow assay to measure the seroprevalence of antibodies against the Chlamydia trachomatis antigen Pgp3 in low-prevalence settings.
The Impact of an Integrated Health System Approach in Improving Access to Morbidity Management and Disability Prevention Services for Persons with Leprosy, Hydrocele, and Lymphoedema in Coastal Kenya
Formative: To what extent do individuals have quality of life and access to and utilize MMDP services within the healthcare system; and what are the barriers and facilitators (affordability, availability, approachability, acceptability, and appropriateness) of 1) access to and utilization of quality MMDP healthcare services and 2) management of morbidities at home?
Intervention: What is the effect of an integrated health system approach on access to MMDP healthcare services as measured by affordability, accessibility, acceptability, and availability; and on utilization of services and quality of life?
Pilot a strategy for mapping and treating Onchocerciasis and Lymphatic Filariasis in Loa loa coendemic areas
Production of a New Dual Antigen Test Strip as a Tool to Support Epidemiologic Assessments of Onchocerciasis
How does the performance of the new Ov16/Ov3261 test strip compare to that of the SD Ov16 RDT and the SD Ov16 ELISA?
Follow-up of positive cases of lymphatic filariasis after Transmission Assessment Survey (TAS) 2 and TAS 3 in Burkina Faso
Identify the sampling strategy for tracking positive cases after TAS 2 and TAS 3 that optimizes the chances of correctly identifying evidence of active transmission, while saving program resources
A pilot study to identify meaningful and measurable targets for detecting the control of schistosomiasis-related morbidity in Africa. The overall study is designed to answer the following primary evaluation questions:
- What are the infection levels of Schistosoma mansoni and S. haematobium below which there is little, or no, detectable schistosomiasis-associated morbidity?
- What are the optimal morbidity markers for S. mansoni and S. haematobium?
- What are the optimal species-specific morbidity goals for which schistosomiasis control programs should be aiming?