University of Zambia
The Zambia Neglected Tropical Disease Control Programme’s role in the attainment of Universal Health Coverage in Zambia: an implementation research study.
This study aims to conduct a landscape analysis to better understand the implementation context for the NTD control programme in Zambia. The activities include:
- an assessment of institutional structures, service delivery systems, existing resources/capacity
- mapping gaps, facilitators, and barriers to program implementation
- identifying potential opportunities to introduce innovative approaches for program integration and improvement.
Key informant interviews and focus group discussions with policy makers and NTD program officers will complement an extensive document review. The results of this assessment will be fed into the next National Health Strategic Plan, which expires in 2021.
Morbidity management and disability prevention for persons with Lymphatic Filariasis and Leprosy: what is the impact of the integration of services on access to healthcare in Luangwa District of Zambia?
- Do existing programs or activities address integrated MMDP for patients living with LF and Leprosy?
- What is the impact of integrated MMDP in Luangwa district on access to healthcare?