Onchocerciasis LAMP assay to optimize diagnostics and sampling strategies for low-prevalence settings in Cameroon
1. Can the O-150 LAMP assay be established on whole blood? 2. Can the O-150 qPCR methodology be adapted for human sampling?
1. How does the performance of the O-150 LAMP compare to the O-150 qPCR assay?
2. What threshold be used to define positive vs negative results for both assays?
3. Can deep sequencing reveal over potential biomarkers for further investigation?
To determine the appropriate serologic threshold(s) to be used to initiate MDA for onchocerciasis.
To determine the appropriate serologic threshold(s) to be used to initiate MDA for onchocerciasis
Can geospatial algorithms be used by disease programs to help identify hotspots at community and Implementation Unit level?
Developing a surveillance framework for the post-elimination phase of the lymphatic filariasis programme in Bangladesh
- Can the micro-stratification of lymphatic filariasis (LF) transmission assessment surveys positive case and clinical case data be used to identify, map and monitor transmission hotspots as part of an enhanced endgame surveillance strategy?
- Can targeted molecular xenomonitoring detect ongoing transmission [to the same extent as human surveillance] in defined LF transmission hotspots?
Would the same programmatic decisions for Oncho Elimination Mapping be made based off of the Ov16 RDT results as compared to the Ov16 SD ELISA results in 7 woredas included in OEM in Ethiopia?
Operational research to compare the confirmatory mapping tool and xenomonitoring indicator (infectivity rate of L3 of Wuchereria bancrofti) in Monrovia to assess the necessity to implement MDA
What is the most appropriate method to evaluate the presence of W. bancrofti transmission in urban conurbations to establish if MDA is necessary for LF elimination?
Pilot a strategy for mapping and treating Onchocerciasis and Lymphatic Filariasis in Loa loa coendemic areas
Mapping the Potential Risk of Mycetoma Infection in Sudan and South Sudan Using Ecological Niche Modeling
What is the potential distribution of mycetoma in Sudan and South Sudan? What are the most important factors associated with the spatial distriutional patterns of disease cases in Both countries.
Understanding areas of increased trachoma risk (hotspots) through the implementation of a post validation trachoma surveillance strategy
To determine if there is evidence of on-going or recent transmission in the “hotspot” communities of increased risk two years after they were identified during the pre-validation surveys (clinical, antibody and infection data).