Can serological markers for NTDs (particularly Loa loa and Lymphatic filariasis) be incorporated into geostatistical maps and used to guide program decisions around treatment and surveillance?
To define a cost-effective strategy to map Ivermectin-naïve districts for Onchocerciasis, Lymphatic Filariasis, and Loiasis in the context of elimination of these NTDs
To define a cost-effective and accurate method to map ivermectin-naïve districts for Onchocerciasis, Lymphatic Filariasis and Loiasis and identify districts eligible for safe treatment with ivermectin MDA.
Which strategies best strengthen strategic decision making for resilient and responsive health systems at the district level in Ghana, Malawi, Uganda and Tanzania?
How to best support close-to-community providers in their critical interface role between health systems and communities
What are the best approaches to develop sustainable and equitable approaches to human resources for health, health financing and governance in post conflict health systems?
What are the most strategic approaches to building capacity for gender equity analysis in health systems?
Determine the best health systems approaches for:
1. Improved planning and delivery of integrated programmes;
2. Increased and sustained access to NTD drugs;
3. Harmonised inter-sectoral approach; and
4. Strong and generalisable evidence base for integrated elimination and control of NTDs.
Assessing treatment needs for school-aged children and assisting Ministry of Health to develop an effective control programme
- To define a cost-effective and accurate method to map ivermectin-naïve districts for Onchocerciasis, Lymphatic Filariasis and Loiasis and identify districts eligible for safe treatment with ivermectin MDA.
- To validate a statistical model of Loiasis prevalence and intensity by comparing the model results to data from a prevalence assessment.