To compare different diagnostic tools during onchocerciasis mapping, including Ov16 ELISA, OV16 rapid diagnostic test (RDT) and skin snip test.
Develop a program evaluation tool to permit program managers to effectively assess coverage and compliance. This study will focus on assessing MDA coverage for lymphatic filariasis by comparing the cost, time and feasibility of the EPI approach (n=480), LQAS design (n=95) and probability sampling alternatives (n=480).
Preliminary study findings:
- All three survey methods were feasible for the teams to implement and cost <$5,000.
- Preschool deworming coverage, provided through the community-based MDA, was <60%.
- The main reason for refusing the medication was that the child had recently been dewormed.
- Approximately 80% of preschool children surveyed received at least one dose of unprogrammed deworming in the past 12 months.
- The main sources of unprogrammed deworming were health centers, local pharmacies, and bodegas.
Comparison of antigenemia by ICT and FTS RDT, antibody responses to Wb123 and Ov 16 by ELISA , and Wb123/Ov16 Biplex RDT on LF sentinel sites
To compare antigenemia results by ICT and FTS RDT, antibody responses to Wb123 and Ov 16 by ELISA , and Wb123/Ov16 Biplex RDT on LF sentinel sites.