1. Can MDA resume and achieve high performance while minimizing risk of COVID-19 transmission through adherence to SOPs?
2. Can local teams easily implement the recommended modifications to MDAs; what is the added cost; and how do the above vary by context?
3. What aspects of local context influence implementation of SOPs?
Integrating NTD programme monitoring into routine health systems data: evaluating a DHIS2 platform for real-time mass administration of medicines (MAM) reporting
This study includes an assessment of the Sightsavers rollout of a DHIS2 based tool for data collection in the NTD program in 2 states in Nigeria. In particular, the research project seeks to evaluate the health system strengthening effects of the tool for planning, monitoring and reporting of MDA. They plan to examine:
- the functionality of the tool at scale
- ease of integration across different NTD interventions
- data accessibility, accuracy, timeliness, and usefulness.
The team also aims to understand whether the implementation of this tool would enhance government ownership of the data and the NTD programme in general. This research will aid in identifying barriers and opportunities for potential scale up of the tool throughout Nigeria. The team also plans to focus on understanding how the data will be used at different levels of the health system.